NRA Home Firearm Safety
Class attendees get a discount on selected items in our store.
See class schedule and how to sign up here.
If you don’t see it on our schedule, please request a class by sending us an email.
Class size is usually limited. Please sign up early to assure your place.
Non-shooting class that teaches students the basic knowledge, skills, and to explain the attitude necessary for the safe handling and storage of firearms and ammunition in the home.
We also offer the Instructor version.
- A 4-hour class for safe gun handling.
Students are taught:
- NRA’s 3 rules for safe gun handling
- primary causes of firearms accidents
- firearm parts
- how to unload certain action types
- ammunition components
- safe storage of firearms in the home
- the benefits of becoming an active participant in the shooting sports
Students will receive:
- NRA Home Firearm Safety handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- Basic Firearm Training Program brochure
- Class completion certificate
What You Need for the Class
- Personal firearm
- Factory ammo for your handgun
- NRA ID number
- Current State ID