NRA Basic Personal Protection in the Home Instructor
Class attendees get a discount on selected items in our store.
A recent class had Dee front and center showing students how to instruct others is proper home safety.
See class schedule and how to sign up here.
If you don’t see it on our schedule, please request a class by sending us an email.
Class size is usually limited. Please sign up early to assure your place.
This 15-hour class teaches the knowledge, skills and attitude essential to organizing, promoting and teaching the NRA Basic Personal Protection in the Home class.
Must be an NRA Certified Pistol Instructor. Prior to the course, candidates complete a pre-class questionnaire and demonstrate their firearm background in pre-class assessment exercises.
Presented in 2 parts:
- Basic instructor training
- Discipline specific instructor training
Held at these locations:
- Class at our store here – starts at 10 a.m.
- Range at location about 2 miles west of Tahlequah
Students demonstrate organizational and teaching skills via participation in practical exercises during the course, and complete an instructor certification examination.
Students will receive:
- NRA Trainer’s Guide
- NRA Basic Personal Protection in the Home Instructor Candidate packet
- NRA Basic Personal Protection in the Home class student packet
Need a hat? We have several styles in stock at our store.
What You Need for the Class
- Eye & Ear Protection
- Suitable clothing – NO low cut necklines
- Ball Cap (helps shield your face from flying brass)
- Personal firearm
- 100 rounds of factory ammo for your firearm (required for successful class completion)
- NRA ID number
- Current State ID