NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
Class attendees get a discount on selected items in our store.
See class schedule and how to sign up here.
If you don’t see it on our schedule, please request a class by sending us an email.
Class size is usually limited. Please sign up early to assure your place.
This 14-hour class teaches the knowledge, skills and attitude essential to training and supervising NRA range safety officers and developing range standard operating procedures.
Must be an NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.
Presented in 2 parts:
- Basic instructor training
- NRA Chief Range Safety Officer training
Held at these locations:
- Class at our store here – starts at 9 a.m.
- Range at location about 2 miles west of Tahlequah
Sessions include standard operating procedures, inspections, emergency procedures, firearm stoppages and malfunctions, safety briefings.
Students demonstrate organizational and teaching skills via participation in practical exercises and complete an open book exam.
Students will receive:
- NRA Basic Range Safety Officer lesson plans
- Basic student packet
- Basic course presentation CD
Need a hat? We have several styles in stock at our store.
What You Need for the Class
- Eye & Ear Protection
- Suitable clothing – NO low cut necklines
- Ball Cap (helps shield your face from flying brass)
- Personal firearm
- 100 rounds of factory ammo for your firearm (required for successful class completion)
- NRA ID number
- Current State ID