NRA Home Firearm Safety Class Instructor
Class attendees get a discount on selected items in our store.
See class schedule and how to sign up here.
If you don’t see it on our schedule, please request a class by sending us an email.
Class size is usually limited. Please sign up early to assure your place.
This 11-hour class teaches the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential in organizing, promoting and teaching NRA’s Home Firearm Safety Course.
Possession of basic firearm safety and shooting skills is a perquisite for certification as an NRA instructor. Prior to the course, candidates complete a pre-course questionnaire and demonstrate their firearm background in pre-course assessment exercises.
Presented in 2 parts:
- Basic instructor training
- Discipline specific instructor training
Held at these locations:
- Class at our store here – starts at 10 a.m.
- Range at location about 2 miles west of Tahlequah
Students demonstrate organizational and teaching skills via participation in practical exercises during the course, and complete an instructor certification examination.
Students will receive:
- NRA Trainer’s Guide
- appropriate NRA Instructor Candidate Packet (includes lesson plans for the courses(s) you are preparing to teach)
- appropriate NRA basic course student packet
Need a hat? We have several styles in stock at our store.
What You Need for the Class
- Eye & Ear Protection
- Suitable clothing – NO low cut necklines
- Ball Cap (helps shield your face from flying brass)
- Personal firearm
- 100 rounds of factory ammo for your firearm (required for successful class completion)
- NRA ID number
- Current State ID