NRA-NMLRA Muzzleloading Shooting Instructor
Class attendees get a discount on selected items in our store.
Some photos of Dee and Andy at their recent training session:
See class schedule and how to sign up here.
If you don’t see it on our schedule, please request a class by sending us an email.
Class size is usually limited. Please sign up early to assure your place.
This 18-hour course teaches the knowledge, skills and attitude essential to organizing, promoting and teaching the NRA-NMLRA Basic Muzzleloading Shooting course.
Possession of basic firearm safety and shooting skills. Candidates must complete a pre-class questionnaire and demonstrate their firearm background by passing a pre-class qualification.
Presented in 2 parts:
- Basic instructor training
- Discipline specific instructor training
Held at these locations:
- Class at our store here – starts at 10 a.m.
- Range at location about 2 miles west of Tahlequah
Instructor candidates’ demonstrate organizational and teaching skills by participating in multiple practical exercises during the course, and complete an instructor certification examination.
Students will receive:
- NRA Trainer’s Guide
- NRA-NMLRA Muzzleloading Shooting Instructor Candidate Packet
- NRA-NMLRA Basic Muzzleloading Shooting course student packet
What You Need for the Class
- Eye & Ear Protection
- Suitable clothing – NO low cut necklines
- Ball Cap (helps shield your face from flying brass)
- Personal firearm
- 100 rounds of factory ammo for your firearm (required for successful class completion)
- NRA ID number
- Current State ID